Smart City Solutions & Ecosystem
PE Smart Urban Network is a radical breakthrough for Smart Cities. Providing a revolutionary and next generation connectivity platform and applications ecosystem, it facilitates efficient management of urban services and improves citizen satisfaction, making Cities more agreeable, livable and safer.
Our true strength lies in the ability to manage both multi-sensor Wireless IoT and Wireless Highspeed IoT networks. This allows us to support sensor based applications on one hand and pervasive WiFi and other high-bandwidth applications on the other hand enabling Cities to connect and control a number of smart applications, sensors and actuators, solving major urban challenges and needs.
PE Smart City Ecosystem
Central Management Software
PE Smart CMS is the Central Management System of choice for all Cities using PE Smart Urban Network to manage and control Wireless IoT applications – Smart Lighting, Smart Parking, Smart Energy and any other sensor-based application – and Wireless HighSpeed loT services – pervasive Wi-Fi, video surveillance, emergency response systems, etc.
Supporting large networks with hundreds of thousand of connected objects, PE Smart CMS provides City operators with a unique and reliable platform to manage device
connectivity, data transport, processing, storing and analysis, as well as data presentation through an intuitive user interface. A Software Development Kit allows quick customization and integration of additional features and applications.
NEW USER EXPERIENCE AND INTERFACE!
Advantages of PE CMS Neptune Software:
Unparalleled scalability and modular capability – Supporting large networks with 2OOK+ devices, microservices-based back end architecture, backend APls covering 100% of feature set, and frontend architecture enhancements.
Excellent extensibility and interoperability – Full support for current application set with the possibility to add new applications, device types and attributes. Multitenancy, hosting multiple Customers on a single cloud-based server, providing data segregation and load balancing. Standard object-based data model, supporting PE Smart Nodes with multiple devices and/or sensors. Software Development Kit for custom applications
Superior performance – System response time independent from network size.
User Experience & Interface:
- User friendly look and feel
- Eye-catching graphical indicators for quicker understanding and action
- Geographical and hierarchical organization of objects
- Table view, graphs, enhanced map modules
- Fast rendering front-end: responding within 5 sec even with 200K+ nodes
With PE Smart CMS, City managers can monitor and control connected PE Smart Nodes and Gateways, setting key parameters for single or multiple devices.
Event & Alert Management
PE Smart CMS allows to easily and accurately track status information of connected objects, receiving warnings and alarms anytime an event is detected.
PE Smart CMS enables City managers to control both the Wireless IoT and the Wireless HighSpeed IoT sections of the PE Smart Urban Network.
Network commissioning is supported by a set of vertical applications including Inventory and Asset Management to create, import, export and modify any device and related attributes.
Reporting & Analytics
PE Smart CMS allows City managers to get customized, actionable reports for single or grouped devices. Reports can be generated from complex queries, or aggregating multiple data sources.
Geographical and hierarchical organization of objects allows to host multiple Customers and their networks on the same PE Smart CMS. Each Customer is assigned a unique identifier, ensuring data confidentiality and integrity.
Natively Manage Network Technologies
PE Smart Gateway natively manages Wireless IoT and Wireless HighSpeed IoT integrated network
technologies: it allows users to set up smart urban infrastructures supporting both wireless IoT sensor-based applications – smart street lighting, smart parking, smart metering, etc. – and data hungry applications such as environmental monitoring, traffic surveillance, emergency-response systems, etc.
PE Smart Gateway is the device & network coordinator and data concentrator of PE Smart Urban Network.
It provides unique, impressive and unparalleled flexibility, offering 1Pv6 Edge-router and 1Pv4 WAN-router functions in a single device, managing and routing all messages / commands between the PE Smart CMS and PE Smart Nodes. It also manages all PE Smart Nodes, synchronizes them and collects data coming from devices and field applications. Each Gateway seamlessly manages up to 500 PE Smart Nodes for best-in-class network and cost effectiveness.
- Wireless IoT (86819151920MHz) and
Wireless High Speed loT (2.4/5.8GHz)
integrated network technologies
- IPv6/6LoWPAN and TCP/IPv4 supported
- 2 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports with rugged connector
- Rugged enclosure (IP66 rated) to allow outdoor installation
- Embedded web interface for network configuration and monitoring
- R5485 for sensor connection
- Integrated flash memory and SQL database for internal data storage
Simplify Smart Lighting With Our NEMA Node
Suitable for LED/HID streetlights, PE Smart Lighting Node Neptune NEMA performs on/off as well as dimming functions, integrates an event logger and scheduler, features an embedded astronomical clock and a Real Time Clock. This allows PE Smart Lighting Node to execute stored scheduled commands and manage additional calendar exceptions switching and dimming lights upon several parameters: combinations of time, measured light levels, daily solar event times, changing local circumstances or events, day of week variations, etc.
- Supporting 3, 5, and 7-pin NEMA twist-lock sockets (internal mounting version available
- On/off and dimming functions through analogue 0-10V, PWM and digital DALI interfaced
- Scripting engine for easy node behavior customization, enabling dynamic, sensor-based lighting
- Alarm detection: LED driver failure, open circuit, blocked relay, lamp failure, overcurrent, overvoltage, overtemperature, low power factor
- Integrated flash memory and GPS receiver
Simplify Waste Management With our Smart Waste Sensor
Efficiently managing waste removal is a constant battle for municipalities and city planners. PE Smart Waste sensors enable cities to monitor and automate the trash removal process while simultaneously saving time and reducing costs. With real time status feedback such as bin fill level, container collection times and vandalism alerts, city managers can better optimize staffing and collection schedules. The smart waste sensor is rugged – featuring both IP69K and IK10 ratings in order to withstand high pressure water jets and impacts.
- Radar sensor for monitoring bin fill level
- Detect fires with integrated temperature sensor
- Onboard accelerometer to detect vandalism and sense when the bin is opened
- Detect the presence of waste trucks with Bluetooth connectivity
- Long battery life – up to 8 years
Robust, Self-healing Wireless Network
The R4 repeater provides a reliable self-configuring and self-healing wireless networking of MinebeaMitsumi’s vehicle detection sensors.
It supports 868 MHz, 915 MHz and 920 MHz radio frequencies, stands harsh weather conditions and it can be placed either indoor or outdoor, preferably mounted on walls or poles. It ensures extremely flexible installation and maintenance, with batteries lasting up to 10 years that can be easily replaced. Key features include automatic failure and battery status reporting.
Accelerate Urban Innovation With PE IoT Engine
SubGHz IPv6/6LoWPAN hardware radio communication device to build interoperable, fully customized solutions and applications for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. Accelerate urban innovation by designing and seamlessly implementing additional
smart applications to extend your City network.
- IPv6/6LoWPAN hardware radio communication device
- Dual inline connectors for simple integration with customer board
- HDLC over UART interface for device configuration and data handling
- Embedded LWM2M engine, Real Time Clock (RTC), integrated flash memory
- Low power capabilities plus external battery to ensure operational continuity
- OTA firmware upgrades
Vehicle Detection Sensors
Sensors provide a simple, cost effective way to detect if a parking space is occupied by a vehicle or large object. Enables a number of parking related applications including, street level parking, multi-tier garages, time limited parking lots, special space monitoring, etc.
Designed to be fixed onto the road with either screws or glue, MinebeaMitsumi parking sensors operate on 868 MHz, 915 MHz or 920 MHz radio frequencies, with a battery life up to 10 years.
Our vehicle detection sensors feature IP68 protection grade and are perfectly suitable for outdoor installations with harsh weather conditions and high mechanical constraints, such as street and high-pressure cleaning, or heavy goods vehicle transit.
Customers can also take advantage of Parking Sensor Fusion, the unique software technology generating virtual sensors by the integration of parking occupancy data coming from different existing or new sources and systems.
All-in-one Environmental Sensing Unit
This compact, economical device provides localized weather measurements without the need for large, expensive equipment. Measure and manage conditions on sites such as solar fields, farms, sports events, power and cell towers via a variety of communications methods. Certified environmental monitoring equipment is large and expensive. Our solution is easy to install across a larger geographical area providing a more comprehensive picture of a city’s environment.
- Measure eight different environment conditions with a single device: rain intensity, wind speed, solar illuminance, UV strength, temperature, humidity, air pressure and acceleration (tilt).
- Choose between continuous measurement mode and low power sampling mode.
- Connect to PE gateway via RS485 connector.
- IPX3 weatherization insures reliable operation.